Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Freeflowing Thoughts

OK! I'm still trying to get the hang of this blogging thing. I sent myself a comment instead of posting. What a nini! Only two people in the whole world know I've got this blog thing going on. I'm not one to tell others what I'm doing until I can at least be proficient. It's one of my flaws, proficiency matters! I'm sure it has something to do with dad drilling in me "you gotta be the best". Not that I think I'm some kind of perfectionist because God knows, I'm not! As I've been contemplating what to write I realize I think too much and so I'd just better allow myself to freeflow. While I imagine myself freeflowing..... it's not something I allow myself to do very often. Who the hell knows why...?



I did write down a list of things I wanted to talk to my children about. Themes that matter to me that I would hope would matter to them too, like love, justice, respect, spirituality, sex and so many more. I also have thought about writing stories about my Big Fat Latino Family (although we are not fat) and people I have encountered in my 48 years of life. I have been blessed with a beautiful family and we've got some great stories. Also there are just so many Latino stories. A theme I have often thought about is stories of women crossing the border. I can't even imagine this experience and yet I know so many women who have made the trip to this country, sacrificing more than they could ever have imagined.



My writing would be about life, my life, the life I see and feel around me.

1 comment:

Yoli said...

It's here. You did a post. Good work tia. Can't wait to read some of your flow....